Llanbadarn Fawr, Radnorshire
Llanbadarn Fawr, a parish in Radnorshire, on the river Ithon, 8½ miles WNW of New Radnor, and adjoining Llandrindod Wells. It contains part of the village of Penybont, which has a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) and a station on the Central Wales section of the L. & N.W.R. Acreage, 3871; population, 587. Penybont Hall, an old Elizabethan mansion, is the chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £325 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church has a S doorway of very early Norman work, with some curious carving in the tympanum, supposed to be Anglo-Saxon, a Norman window, thiee lancet windows, and a centurion stone. It was restored in 1879 in the Norman and Gothic styles.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: