Llananno, a parish in Radnorshire, on the river Ithon, 4 miles NW of Llangunllo station on the L. & N.W.R., and NE by E of Rhayader. Post town, Penybont (R.S.O.) Acreage, 5899; population, 264. Slight remains exist of Castle Dynbod, a very strong fortress, demolished in 1640 by Llewelyn-ap-Grnfydd. There is a mineral spring. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Llanbadarn Fynydd, in the diocese of St David's; joint gross value, £155. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church has a very good carved screen and rood loft.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Knighton||1837 - 1933|
|Registration district||Radnorshire East||1933 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: