Knucklas, a decayed ancient town, now a hamlet in Heyop and Llanfihangel Beguildy parishes, Radnorshire, on the river Teme, near Offa's Dyke, 2 miles NW of Knighton. It has a station on the Central Wales branch of the L. & N.W.R., and a post office under Knighton; money order and telegraph office, Knighton. It had formerly a castle of the Mortimers, built in 1242. Until the Redistribution of Seats Act of 1885 it united with Knighton, New Radnor, Cefnilys, Presteign, and Rhayader in sending a member to Parliament. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: