St Harmon, Radnorshire
Harmon, St, a village and a parish in Radnorshire, on an affluent of the river Wye, under Rhydd Hywel, 4 miles NNE of Rhayader. There is a station on the Moat Lane, Builth, and Brecon section of the Cambrian railway; the Pantydwr station on the same line is also within the parish. Post town, Rhayader. Acreage, 15, 383; population, 731. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £210. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church was built in 1821, on the site of a very interesting old church which was supposed to have been built by Germanus, Bishop of Troyes. There are Baptist and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: