Glascombe or Glascwm, Radnorshire
Glascombe or Glascwm, a village and a parish in Radnorshire, 7½ miles SW of New Radnor, and 9 E of Builth. The parish comprises the townships of Drewern and Vaynor-Gaer, and its post town is Builth. Acreage, 8793; population, 331. Large part of the surface is waste. Sulphur springs, of some note for cutaneous diseases, are at Blaen-Edw. The living is a vicarage, united with the perpetual curacies of Colva and Ehulen, in the diocese of St David's; net value, £249 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is ancient.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: