Cwm Dauddwr, Radnorshire
Cwm-Dauddwr, a parish in Radnorshire, on the rivers Elan and Wye, at the boundary with Brecknockshire, 2 miles S of Rhayader. It contains the townships of Dyffryn-Gwy and Dyffryn-Elan, and its post town is Rhayader. Acreage, 32,172; population, 713. Much of the surface is hilly and mountainous. The rocks include slates and lead ore. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £193. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church was built in 1866.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: