Cascob, a township and a parish in Radnorshire. The township lies in Radnor Forest, near the river Lugg, 5½ miles W by N of Presteign, and 6 SW by S of Knighton station on the L. & N.W.R. Post town, Presteign (R.S.O.) The parish includes also the township of Litton. Acreage, 2827; population, 62; of the ecclesiastical parish, 97. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's; net value, £93 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is an ancient edifice, and has been restored.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Knighton||1877 - 1933|
|Registration district||Radnorshire East||1933 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: