Bleddfa or Blethvaugh, Radnorshire
Bleddfa or Blethvaugh, a village and a parish in Radnorshire, on the river Lugg and in Radnor Forest, 3 miles SWS of Llangunllo station on the L. & N.W.R. and 7 SW of Knighton. It has a post office under Llangunllo (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Knighton. The parish includes the hamlet of Monaughty. Acreage, 4139; population, 124. The surface is to a considerable extent hilly. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's; net value, £151 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's The church is good.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|County Court district||Knighton|
|Poor Law union||Knighton|
|Rural Deanery||Melineth Sub-ithon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The register dates from the year 1616.
Church of England
St. Mary (parish church)
The church of St. Mary, an ancient building of stone, in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, transepts, nave, north porch, and an embattled tower containing 2 bells: there are 150 sittings.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bleddfa or Blethvaugh from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: