Bettws Disaerth, Radnorshire
Bettws-Disaerth, a parish in Radnorshire, on the river Edw, 5 miles W by S of Llandrindod station on the L. & N.W.R., and 7 ENE of Builth. Post town, Llandrindod (R.S.O.) Acreage, 1936; population of the civil parish, 92; of the ecclesiastical, with Llansaintffread in Elvel, 363. The living was formerly annexed to the rectory of Disserth, but was separated from it in 1887 and joined to Llansainfc-ffread in Elvel. The ancient church has been replaced by a modern building of red brick.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|County Court district||Builth|
|Poor Law union||Builth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The register dates from the year 1731.
Church of England
St. Mary (parish church)
The church of St. Mary is a building of stone, consisting of chancel, nave, north porch and a turret containing one bell: it was rebuilt in 1872 at a cost of £667, and affords 86 sittings.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bettws Disaerth from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Radnorshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: