Aston on Carron, Gloucestershire
Aston-on-Carron, Aston-upon-Carrant, or Aston-Cross, a tithing and a hamlet in Ashchurch parish, Gloucestershire, on the river Carrant, 3 miles ENE of Tewkesbury, under which it has a post-office of the name of Aston-Cross.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Tewkesbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Gloucestershire Parish Registers are available online at Ancestry, in association with Gloucestershire Archives.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Aston on Carron from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Aston-Upon-Carron)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Gloucestershire is available to browse.
Online maps of Aston on Carron are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)