Andoversford, a village in Dowdeswell parish, Gloucestershire, on the river Isbome, under the Cotswolds, 6 miles ESE of Cheltenham. It has a station on the G.W.R., and a post office (R.S.O.)
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
The Gloucestershire Parish Registers are available online at Ancestry, in association with Gloucestershire Archives.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Gloucestershire is available to browse.
Online maps of Andoversford are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)