UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Alstone, Gloucestershire

Historical Description

Alstone, a township and a chapelry in Gloucestershire, belonging to the parish of Overbury, in Worcestershire, 2 miles S of Beckford station on the M.R., and 4½ NW of Winchcombe. Post town, Tewkesbury; money order office. Beckford; telegraph office, Beckford railway station. Acreage, 626; population, 62. The living is a curacy, united to the vicarage of Overbury, in the diocese of Worcester. The church was restored in 1880.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyGloucestershire 
Civil parishCheltenham 
HundredCheltenham 
Poor Law unionWinchcomb 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

The Gloucestershire Parish Registers are available online at Ancestry, in association with Gloucestershire Archives.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Alstone from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Gloucestershire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Alstone are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Gloucestershire online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictTewkesbury
CountyGloucestershire
RegionSouth West
CountryEngland
Postal districtGL20
Post TownTewkesbury

Advertisement

Advertisement