Trostrey, a parish in Monmouthshire, 2½ miles NNW of Usk. Post town, Usk, under Newport. Acreage, 1261; population, 135. Trostrey Court, an ancient mansion, now a farmhouse, was occupied by the Parliamentary troops in the Civil War, and some despatches of Cromwell's were found here. The living is a rectory, annexed to that of Bettws Newydd, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is a small ancient edifice dedicated to St David.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Trostrey St. David|
|Poor Law union||Pont-y-Pool|
|Registration district||Pontypool||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Trostrey from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Trostrey (St. David))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: