Tintern Parva, Monmouthshire
Tintern Parva, a parish, with a village, in Monmouthshire, on the river Wye, 5¼ miles N of Chepstow. It has a station on the Wye Valley branch of the G.W.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Chepstow. Acreage, 795; population, 306. There is a parish council consisting of five members. Nurtons is the chief residence. The Duke of Beaufort is lord of the manor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, £101. The church is Early English, and was restored and partly rebuilt in 1846.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Little Tintern St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Chepstow|
|Registration district||Chepstow||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Tintern Parva from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Tintern, Little (St. Michael))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: