St Pierre and Runstone, Monmouthshire
Pierre and Runstone, St, a parish in Monmouthshire, on Poolmerick Brook at its mouth, 3 miles SSW of Chepstow. Post town, Chepstow. St Pierre Park has been the seat of the Lewis family since the 14th century. The mansion has been modernized, but retains a gateway with flanking towers of the 16th century. At Runstone are the ruins of a Norman church and also a Wesleyan chapel. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Portskewett, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is a small ancient building, and contains monuments of the St Pierre and Lewis families.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Chepstow|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for St Pierre and Runstone from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Pierre, St.)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: