St Bride Netherwent, Monmouthshire
Bride-Netherwent, St, a parish in Monmouthshire, on the Julian Way, 2 miles N by E of Magor station on the G.W.R., and 6½ E by S of Caerleon. It includes the hamlet of Llandevenny, and its post town is Newport; money order and telegraph office, Magor. Area, 804 acres; population of the civil parish, 112; of the ecclesiastical with Llandevenny, 158. There are remains of a Roman camp and a barrow. The living is a rectory in the diocese of LIandaff; net value, £172 with residence. The church was restored in 1848.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Bride's St. Netherwent|
|Poor Law union||Chepstow|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for St Bride Netherwent from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Bride's (St.) Netherwent)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: