Penterry, a parish in Monmouthshire, near the river Wye, 3½ miles N by W of Chepstow. Post town, Chepstow. Acreage, 480; population, 17. The living is a vicarage, annexed to that of St Orvan's, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is ancient and was restored in 1863.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Chepstow|
|Registration district||Chepstow||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Penterry from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Penterry)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: