Penrose or Penrhos, Monmouthshire
Penrose or Penrhos, a parish in Monmouthshire, 4 miles N of Raglan station on the G.W.R., and 9 W by S of Monmouth. It has a post office under Newport; money order and telegraph office, Raglan. Acreage, 2690; population, 276. A mound surrounded by a moat is all that remains of an ancient castle. The manor belongs to the Marquis of Abergavenny. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, £160 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Llandaff. The church is ancient, but was restored and enlarged in 1878. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: