Llanvihangel Tor y Mynydd, Monmouthshire
Llanvihangel-Tor-y-Mynydd, a parish in Monmouthshire, 3¼ miles ESE of Llandenny station on the G.W.R., and 6 E by N of Usk. Post towns, Chepstow and Usk; money order and telegraph office, Tintera. Acreage, 1186; population, 136. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, £78 with residence. Patron, the Archdeacon of Llaudaff. The church is ancient, and was restored in 1860. There is a Bible Christian chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Llanvihangel-Tor-Y-Mynydd St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Chepstow|
|Registration district||Chepstow||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanvihangel Tor y Mynydd from 1837 to 1935 you should search for the Chepstow Registration District.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Llanvihangel Tor y Mynydd from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Llanvihangel-Tor-Y-Mynydd (St. Michael))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: