Llanvihangel Crucorney, Monmouthshire
Llanvihangel Crucorney, a village and a parish in Monmouthshire. The village stands on the river Honddu, an affluent of the Monnow, near the boundary with Herefordshire, and under Skirridfawr Mountain, 1 mile NNE of Llanvihangel station on the G.W.R., and 4½ NNE of Abergavenny, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Abergavenny. The parish contains also the hamlet of Penbiddle, and comprises 3278 acres; population, 508. It has a parish council with nine members. Llanvihangel Court belonged to the Arnolds, passed in the time of Queen Anne to the Harleys, belongs now to the Eodney family, is an ancient edifice, and has a remarkably grand avenue of Scotch firs. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, £165 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. There are Baptist and Calvinistic Methodist chapels. 7LLANWDDYN
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Llanvihangel-Crucorney St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Abergavenny|
|Registration district||Abergavenny||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanvihangel Crucorney from 1837 to 1935 you should search for the Abergavenny Registration District.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Llanvihangel Crucorney from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Llanvihangel-Crucorney (St. Michael))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: