Llantillio Pertholey, Monmouthshire
Llantillio Pertholey, a parish in Monmouthshire, 2 miles NNE of Abergavenny. Post town, Abergavenny. Acreage, >;847; population, 1119. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, £250 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Llandaff. The church, dedicated to St Teilo, is ancient, and was recently restored. There is a chapel of ease at Bettws, which is also ancient.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Llantillio-Pertholey St. Teilaw|
|Poor Law union||Abergavenny|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Llantillio Pertholey from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Llantillio-Pertholey (St. Teilaw))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: