Llanthewy Vach, Monmouthshire
Llanthewy Vach, a parish in Monmouthshire, on an affluent of the river Usk, S½ miles E by N of Caerleon station on the G.W.R., and 5 SE of Pontypool. Post town, Caerleon, under Newport. Acreage, 1355; population of the civil parish, 166; of the ecclesiastical, 242. The living is annexed to the rectory of Llandegveth, in the diocese of Llandaff; joint net value, £189 with residence. The church was erected in 1857 on the site of a previous one.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Llanthewy-Vach St. David|
|Poor Law union||Pont-y-Pool|
|Registration district||Pontypool||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanthewy Vach from 1837 to 1935 you should search for the Pontypool Registration District.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Llanthewy Vach from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Llanthewy-Vach (St. David))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: