Llanthewy Rytherch, Monmouthshire
Llanthewy Rytherch or Llauddewi Rhydderch, a parish in Monmouthshire, on a branch of the river Trothy, 4 miles ESE of Abergavenny. Post town, Abergavenny. Acreage, 2201; population, 307. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, £150 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church, dedicated to St David, is ancient, and was restored in 1864. There is a Baptist chapel. Under the Act of 1894 the parish is governed by a council.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Llanthewy-Rytherch St. David|
|Poor Law union||Abergavenny|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Llanthewy Rytherch from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Llanthewy-Rytherch (St. David))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: