Llanllowell, a parish in Monmouthshire, on the river Usk, 2 miles SSE of Usk. Post town, Llangibby, under Newport; money order and telegraph office, Usk. Acreage, 800; population, 75. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, £130. The church is ancient and contains a Norman font.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Pont-y-Pool|
|Registration district||Pontypool||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llanllowell from 1837 to 1935 you should search for the Pontypool Registration District.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Llanllowell from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Llanllowell)
Online maps of Llanllowell are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: