Llangoven, a parish in Monmouthshire, 2 miles S by E of Raglan station on the G.W.R., and 6½ SW of Monmouth. Post town, Monmouth; money order and telegraph office, Raglan. Acreage, 1898; population of the civil parish, 113, of the ecclesiastical, 167. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Pen-y-Clawdd, in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, £205 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Llandaff. The church is dedicated to St Goven, and has been recently restored.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Llangoven St. Goven|
|Poor Law union||Monmouth|
|Registration district||Monmouth||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llangoven from 1837 to 1935 you should search for the Monmouth Registration District.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Llangoven from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Llangoven (St. Goven))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: