Llandegveth, a village and a parish in Monmouthshire, on an affluent of the river Usk, 3½ miles NE of Caerleon, and 4 SW of Usk. Post town, Caerleon, under Newport. Acreage, 799; population, 76. Lansoar is the chief residence. The living is a rectory, annexed to Llanthewy Vach, in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, £189 with residence. The church is dedicated to St Tegfydd, is Early English, and was rebuilt in 1876.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Llandegveth St. Thomas|
|Poor Law union||Pont-y-Pool|
|Registration district||Pontypool||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Llandegveth from 1837 to 1935 you should search for the Pontypool Registration District.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Llandegveth from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Llandegveth (St. Thomas))
Online maps of Llandegveth are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: