Bryngwyn, a parish in Monmouthshire, 2½ miles WNW of Raglan station on the G.W.R., and 7 SE by E of Abergavenny. Post town, Raglan. Acreage, 1481; population, 252. There is a British camp. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, £195 with residence. Patron, the Marquis of Abergavenny. The church is Early English.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Abergavenny||1837 - 1935|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Bryngwyn from 1837 to 1935 you should search for the Abergavenny Registration District.
Online maps of Bryngwyn are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: