West Robeston, Pembrokeshire
Robeston, West, a small parish in the Havrfordwest union, Roose deanery, Pembrokeshire, 3 miles NW of Old Milford or Milford Haven. Post town, Milford Haven. Area, 1111 acres; population of the civil parish, 174; of the ecclesiastical, with Walwyns Castle, 500. This parish contains a very ancient church with chantry, commonly called the Roch chapel, containing recumbent stone figure of lady in early 14th-century style, stone altar, credence slab, and piscina. The font is of massive Norman device. A very ancient porch, with portion of the holy water stoop, still remains, and stone and mortar benches. To the E of the porch rises a very magnificent tower, in which are hung three silver bells. The living is a rectory, formerly served from Milford Priory, afterwards in the gift of the Prince of Wales, and about the year 1880 annexed to Walwyns Castle and placed under the patronage of the Lord Chancellor; gross value, £188. See WALWYNS CASTLE.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: