Steynton, a village and a parish in Pembrokeshire. The village stands 2 miles NNE of Milford. Post town, Milford Haven. The parish includes part of Milford Town, Drain Hill, Pill, Studda, and Thomton. Acreage, 6798 of land and 97 of water (including 92 of foreshore); population, 3764. St Botolphs and Scoveston Hall are chief residences. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Johnstonc. The church was almost entirely rebuilt in 1883. The churchyard contains a very ancient tombstone.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
For births, marriages, and deaths in Steynton from 1837 to 1974 you should search for the Haverfordwest Registration District.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Steynton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: