St Issells, Pembrokeshire
Issells, St, a parish in Pembrokeshire, on Carmarthen Bay, 3 miles N of Tenby. It includes the village of Saundersfoot, which is a popular watering-place, has a station on the Pembroke and Tenby railway, and a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) The parish comprises 3786 acres of land and 132 of foreshore; population, 1783. Hen Castle is the chief residence. Coal is exported from Saun-dersfoot. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £'200 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of St David's. The eliurch is ancient, has a tall square tower, and was restored, with the exception of the tower, in 1864. There are Presbyterian, Congregational, Wesleyan, and Baptist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: