St Florence, Pembrokeshire
Florence, St, a parish in Pembrokeshire, on the Florence stream, 1¼ mile N of Manorbier station on the Pembroke and Tenby railway, 4½ miles W of Tenby, and 6¼ E of Pembroke. It has a post office (S.O.) under Penally; money order office, Manorbier; telegraph office, Manorbier railway station. Acreage, 2528; population, 311. The living is a consolidated rectory in the diocese of St David's; joint net value, £220 with residence. Patron, St John's College, Cambridge. The church is Later English, cruciform, and good, and has at the extremity of the S transept a lofty tower.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of St Florence are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: