St Brides, Pembrokeshire
Brides, St, a parish in Pembrokeshire, on the S side of St Brides Bay, 7¼ miles WNW of Milford, and 9 W of Johnston station on the G.W.R. Post town, Little Haven, which is the money order office; telegraph office, St Ann's Head. Acreage, 25'77; population, 181. St Brides Haven, near the church, has anchorage for small craft. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Davids; value, £149 with residence.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of St Brides are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: