Spittal, a parish, with a village, in Pembrokeshire, 3½ miles WNW of Clarbeston Road station on the G.W.R., and 5½ N by E of Haverfordwest. It has a post office under Haverfordwest; money order office, Treffgarn; telegraph office, Haverfordwest. Acreage, 2803; population, 369. There is a parish council consisting of eight members. A chapel or hospital belonging to Slebech prcceptory stood near the church. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £210. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is good.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Spittal are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: