Prendergast, a village and a parish in Pembrokeshire. The village stands on the river Cleddan, is suburban to Haverfordwest, and communicates with that town by two bridges. It has a post and money order office under Haverfordwest; telegraph office, Haverfordwest. The parish is partly witliin Haverfordwest borough, and comprises 1146 acres; population, 1327. For parish council purposes part of the parish is in the urban district of Haverfordwest, the remainder, known as North Prendergast, having a parish meeting. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's; net value, £112 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was rebuilt in 1868, with the exception of the tower. There is a Baptist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Prendergast are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: