Morvil, a parish in Pembrokeshire, under Precelly Mountain, at the source of West Cleddau river, 4 miles S by W of Newport, and 9 N of Clarbeston Road station on the G.W.R. Post town, Letterston. Acreage, 2603; population, 132. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's; net value, £127.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Morvil are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: