Monington, a parish in Pembrokeshire, near the coast, 3 miles SW of Cardigan railway station. Post town, Cardigan. Acreage, 1028; population, 81. An ancient family of the same name as the parish long resided here. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of St Dog-maels, in the diocese of St David's. The church was erected in 1844.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Cardigan||1837 - 1935|
|Registration district||Narberth||1936 - 1973|
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1973 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Monington are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: