Meline, a parish in Pembrokeshire, on the river Nevern, under Precelly Mountain, 5½ miles NW of Crymmych Arms station on the Whitland and Cardigan branch of the G.W.R., and 7 SW by S of Cardigan. Post town, Cardigan. Acreage, 4499; population, 306. An ancient camp is at Penny-benglog. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £105. The church was rebuilt in 1865; is in the Decorated English style, of local stone with Bath stone dressings; and consists of nave and apsidal chancel, with W bell-gable.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Cardigan||1837 - 1935|
|Registration district||Narberth||1936 - 1973|
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1973 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: