Martletwy, a parish in Pembrokeshire, on the E side of Milford Haven, 5 miles SW of Narberth, and 6 SE by E of Haverfordwest. It has a post office under Narberth; money order and telegraph office, Narberth. Acreage, 3331 of land, with 143 of adjacent tidal water and foreshore; population, 375. Anthracite coal is worked in the parish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £95 with residence.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Narberth||1837 - 1973|
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1973 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Martletwy are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: