Marloes, a parish in Pembrokeshire, in the peninsula between Milford Haven and St Bride's Bay, 8 miles W by N of Old Milford, and 10 SW of Haverfordwest. It has a post office under Milford Haven; money order office, Dale; telegraph office, St Ann's Head. Acreage, 2577, with 187 of adjacent foreshore; population, 406. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £124. Patron, the Lord Chancellor.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Marloes are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: