UK Genealogy Archives logo

Manorowen, Pembrokeshire

Historical Description

Manorowen, a parish in Pembrokeshire, on the coast, 1¼ mile W by S of Fishguard, and 13 miles NW of Clarbeston Road station on the G.W.R. Post town, Fishguard (R.S.O.) Acreage, 1278; population, 150. Manorowen House is the chief residence, and stands near the old seat of Lewis the antiquary. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's, gross value, £66. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church was rebuilt in 1871. There is a Baptist chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Registration districtHaverfordwest1837 - 1974

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Manorowen are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online:

CountyPembrokeshire