Llanstadwell, a village and a parish in Pembrokeshire. The village stands on Milford Haven, 1 mile W of Neyland, and has a post and money order office under Neyland (R.S.O.); telegraph office, Neyland. The parish contains the villages of Great Honeyborough, Little Honey borough, Neyland or New Milford, Newton, and Waterston. Acreage, 3308, with 135 of foreshore; population, 3641. Newton House, Hayston, and Hazel Hill are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David's; net value, £120 with residence. The church is ancient, supposed to be dedicated to St Tudwal, and was enlarged in 1888; it contains a Norman font. There are Baptist, Calvinistic Methodist, Congregational, and Wesleyan chapels. See MILFORD, NEW.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Pembroke||1837 - 1935|
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1936 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llanstadwell are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: