Llanrian or Llanrhian, Pembrokeshire
Llanrian or Llanrhian, a parish in Pembrokeshire, on the coast, 6¾ miles NE of St David's, and 14 NW of Haverfordwest. It contains the large village of Trevine, and has a post office under ½Letterston (R.S.O.); money order office, Croesgoch; telegraph office, Solva. Acreage, 3801; population of the civil parish, 814; of the ecclesiastical, with Llanreithan, 952. Trevacoon is a chief residence. A grange or palace of the bishops of St David's was at Trevine, and a vault of it still exists. A cromlech comprising a cap-stone 16 feet long, on supporters 5¼ feet high, is on the farm of Longhouse. The living is a vicarage, with Llanreithan annexed, in the diocese of St David's; net value, £280 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is dedicated to St Rheanus.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: