Llanhowel, a parish in Pembrokeshire, 4½ miles NE by E of St David's, and 12 NW of Haverfordwest. Post town, Haverfordwest. Acreage, 1418; population, 147. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Llandeloy, in the diocese of St David's. The church is dedicated to St Howel, and is good.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Llanhowel are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: