UK Genealogy Archives logo

Llandeloy, Pembrokeshire

Historical Description

Llandeloy, a village and a parish in Pembrokeshire. The village stands near the river Solva, 8 miles W of St David's, and 10 NW of Haverfordwest, and has a post office under Penycwm (R.S.O.); money order office, Croesgoch; telegraph office, Solva. Acreage of the civil parish, 1908; population, 201; of the ecclesiastical, 348. Fairs are held on 1 May, 25 June, 24 Aug., and 1 Nov. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Llanbowel, in the diocese of St David's; net value, £148. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of St David's. The church is dedicated to St Teilaw.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Registration districtHaverfordwest1837 - 1974

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Llandeloy are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online:

CountyPembrokeshire
RegionWales
CountryWales
Postal districtSA62
Post TownHaverfordwest