Little Newcastle, Pembrokeshire
Newcastle, Little, a village and a parish in Pembrokeshire. The village stands on a tributary of the river Cleddau, 6 miles NW by N of Clarbeston Road station on the G.W.R., and 9 N by E of Haverfordwest, and has fairs on 6 May and 10 July. Post town, Letterston (R.S.O.) The parish comprises 2758 acres; population, 241. There are remains of two forts, and an intermittent spring called the Golden Well. The living is annexed to the vicarage of St Dogwell's, in the diocese of St David's.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Little Newcastle are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: