Letterston, a village and a parish in Pembrokeshire. The village stands on a branch of the river Cleddau, 7 miles NW by N of Clarbeston Road station on the G.W.R., and 9 N by W of Haverfordwest, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office (R.S.O.) The parish comprises 2292 acres; population of the civil parish, 394; of the ecclesiastical, 566. The manor belonged anciently to the Lettards. Heathfield Lodge is the chief residence. The living is a rectory, united with the perpetual curacy of Llanfair-nant-y-Gof, in the diocese of St David's; net value, £257 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St David's. The church is good, and contains an effigy of one of the Lettards.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Haverfordwest||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Letterston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: