Lawrenny, a parish in Pembrokeshire, on Milford Haven, 4 miles NNE of Pembroke. It has a post office under Pembroke; money order and telegraph office, Pembroke. Acreage, 2502 of land and 215 of water, including 204 of foreshore; population, 294. Lawrenny Castle, a very fine-mansion, is the chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's; gross value,, £200. The church is considered one of the prettiest in the county.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Pembroke||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Lawrenny are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: