Hodgeston, a parish in Pembrokeshire, near Freshwater Bay, 1 mile SE of Lamphey station on the Pembroke and Tenby railway, and 3 miles ESE of Pembroke. Post town, Pembroke. Acreage, 735; population, 66. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's; net value, £81. The church has a very beautiful Decorated English chancel and a very slender steeple, and contains some richly canopied sedilia and a double piscina. Four beautiful traceried windows in the chancel, walled up for years, have been opened and accurately restored. Archbishop Young was a native.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Pembroke||1837 - 1974|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Hodgeston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: