Henrys Mote, Pembrokeshire
Henry's Mote, a parish in Pembrokeshire, on the East Cleddau river, under Mynydd Preseley mountain, 5¼ miles N by E of Clarbeston Eoad station on the G.W.R., and 9 NE by N of Haverfordwest. Post town, Haverfordwest. Acreage, 3216; population, 272. Much of the land is waste and upland. A tumulus is called Castell Hendref, and this gave rise to the name Henry's Mote; in old deeds, &c., Henrici Mota-that is, Henry's Mote. "Mote" is, according to Sir Walter Scott, a meeting-place of clans. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St David's; net value, £178 with residence. There are Baptist and Congregational chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: