Hays Castle, Pembrokeshire
Hays Castle, a parish in Pembrokeshire, on the West Cled-dau river, 5¼ miles NW of -Clarbeston Road station on the G.W.R., and 6¼ N of Haverfordwest. It contains the villages of Brimstone and Ford; and has a post office, Hays Castle Cross, under Wolfs Castle (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Letterstone. Acreage, 4587; population, 275. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Brawdy, in the diocese of St David's; gross value, £325, in the gift of the Bishop of St David's.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Pembrokeshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: